Sunday, November 8, 2009

One Bowl Banana Bread & The Mixer






One of the most important "small" appliances in my kitchen is my stand up Kitchen Aide mixer. As it turns out it was a Shower gift and is the BEST shower gift any new Bride could have asked for. It comes in handy more often than you think. My favorite thing to make with my mixer is Banana bread.


I seem to make Banana bread all the time ... not intentionally I have this "thing" about throwing food out. When the bananas in my house start to turn brown, they move from the counter to the freezer for later use. Sometimes they go in smoothies (will talk about making smoothies at a later time) and others for Banana bread. Keep in mind that when bananas are put in the freezer they turn brown and kind-of look not so good. While in the freezer the natural sugars of the bananas come out and they make a "oh so yummy bread.
This Recipe is a take on a Pampered Chief recipe for Banana Bread.
One Bowl Banana Bread

2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
1/3 cup milk (any milk even lactose free)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup ripe bananas (two bananas)
1/4 tspn ground nutmeg
1/2 tspn ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray bottom of loaf pan w/non-stick cooking spray (butter flavor is best)
Mix everything together in one bowl (this is the best part ... less to clean)
Bake 60 minutes, or until tester is clean

You can also make muffins bake 30 - 35 minutes (approx 18) or mini muffins bake 18 - 21 minutes (approx 36) with the same recipe.





1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! I love the fact that you made the banana bread into muffins.

    I'm so jealous of your standing mixer. I've always wanted one of them (in Red!). But I have no room in my tiny kitchen.

    ReplyDelete