Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hello World

Hello everyone! For the past 8 1/2 years I have been cooking and perfecting dishes that I never thought I would ever be able to make. You see when I was a girl, an only child, my mother did some cooking but not much, my father even took French cooking classes so he could pick up the slack. Our oven was used to store pots and pans, and the year we remodeled the kitchen was my mother's happiest. I can remember one day I was craving comfort food and what did my mom bring me ... Milk & Cookies ... how cute is she!
When I got married I thought it would be a good idea to start cooking ... so I did. My Husband, who has been my critic the entire time will tell you I was not really a good cook at all, but there was potential in what I was making, so he and his friends encouraged me to cook more and more. That is just what I did!!!
Today I thought why not start a bog about my cooking. A way to keep track of my recipies and share them with my friends as well. A good friend of mine has one thoughtful eating. It is an encouraging and motivating thing to see others ideas on existing recipes and their twist on them. It just goes to show that as many shades of white paint that are out there, you can find that many recipes of Chicken Marsala.
You must all be wondering why the name Savory Bites & Sweet Treats? Well, a few weeks ago my girlfriends and I had a tea party and invited 50 of our closest friends. We asked everyone to bring a dish and that is what they all did ... a dessert or an appetizer. They inspired the name. Even though this blog will be about dishes and deserts ... they all give you savory bites and sweet treats.
Please enjoy my cooking and hopefully you too will be able to try some of these recipes and share them with your friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. I can testify to your fabulous cooking skills after experiencing a phenomenal week eating out of your kitchen in October of 2012. You should be showcasing that incredible roast you and Audrey prepared where a Facebook friend commented ... "Even the plate looks good enough to eat LOL"

    ReplyDelete